Thank you to those who attended our first ever Virtual Annual Meeting on Friday, September 11, 2020!
Harvard Business Review Article mentioned in opening remarks:
A Lack of Sponsorship Is Keeping Women from Advancing into Leadership
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Debra N. Ribitwer & Associates, P.C.
Schedule of Events:
- 10:15 am: Open the Meeting by WLAM President Roquia Draper on this year’s theme of Lifting Women Up
- 10:30 am: First Panel of the Day with prominent judicial panel
- 11:30 am: Legislative Update on 2019-2020 Landscape
- 12:10 pm: Lunch Break—featuring choices between Aspirational Yoga with Tanya Grillo or Cooking Demo with Brittany Mouzourakis
- 1:00 pm: KEYNOTE SPEAKER PHILOMENA V. MANTELLA, PRESIDENT OF GRAND VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY
- 2:00 pm: Second Panel of the Day with a diverse panel of attorneys, including:
- Representative Vanessa Guerra from the Michigan House of Representatives
- Gregory Conyers, Director of Diversity with the State Bar of Michigan
- Michelle Crockett, newly appointed and the first Chief Diversity Officer with Miller Canfield
- Andrea Bernard, Litigation Partner and General Counsel for Warner Norcross + Judd LLP
- 3:00 pm: Special Presentation by Elizabeth Jolliffe of Your Benchmark Coach
- 4:30 pm: Close of the Meeting by WLAM President Roquia Draper
- 4:30 pm-5:30 pm: Join us for a fun trivia Happy Hour with prizes!
Acceptance speeches will be broadcasted throughout the meeting. We want to congratulate our awardees:
- Supreme Court Chief Justice Bridget Mary McCormack, who will receive the Mary S. Coleman Award;
- Attorney General Dana Nessel, who will receive the inaugural Geraldine Bledsoe Ford Award;
- Attorney Jennifer Grieco, who will receive the Jean L. King Leadership Award; and
- Attorneys Erin Flynn, Alison Love and Amanda Skeel, who will receive Regional Leadership Awards