Thank you to our 2018 sponsors!
Schoenherr Cahill & Warnez, PC
AFFINITY BAR SPONSORS
Administrative & Regulatory Law Section – SBM
American Indian Law – SBM
Appellate Practice Section – SBM
Armenian-American Bar Association
Association of Black Judges of Michigan
Black Women Lawyers Association of Michigan
Business Law Section – SBM
Family Law Section – SBM
Incorporated Society of Irish-American Lawyers
Insurance and Indemnity Law Section – SBM
Intellectual Property Section – SBM
Labor and Employment Law Section – SBM
Michigan Association for Justice
National Conference of Women’s Bar Associations
Negligence Section – SBM
WHERE: The Colony Club, 2310 Park Ave, Detroit, MI 48201
Past Presidents’ Reception @ 5:00 pm – The Past Presidents’ Reception is open to all past presidents of the state board, regional boards, and foundation, plus their guest. In addition, the Past Presidents’ Reception is also open to all of the current leadership of the boards of the state, regions, and foundation, as well as their guest.
Gala @ 6:00 pm – The Gala begins in the main ballroom for all guests at 6:00 pm.
Program @ 7:00 pm – The program will start at 7:00 pm with a break for dinner. The program will conclude around 8:30 pm. The band will play until 11:00 pm.
ATTIRE: Back tie optional.
PARKING: Parking will be available in the Fox Garage for $15 per car.
DINNER / DRINKS: We will be serving hors d’oeuvres, dinner, and desserts, and will have an open bar of premium cocktails and wine.
AWARDS: We are excited to announce the inaugural presentation of our Hon. Geraldine Bledsoe Ford Award, which will be presented by Hon. Bledsoe Ford’s daughter, 36th District Court Judge Deborah G. Bledsoe Ford.
- Geraldine Bledsoe Ford Award will be presented to Hon. Theresa Doss, who is retired from the 36th Judicial District Court
- Mary S. Coleman Award will be presented to Oakland County Circuit Court Judge Denise Langford Morris
- Jean L. King Award will be presented to Julie Fershtman
- Regional Awards will be presented to Alexandria Casperson and Alena Clark
FOUNDATION: Since 1997, the Foundation has awarded over $610,500 to 252 women law students. The recipients of this year’s scholarships will be recognized, as well as the recipient of the Do Good Work Grant.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Irin Carmon, a contributing writer to the Washington Post’s Outlook section and the co-author of Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg (2015), which spent three months of the Times’ bestseller list.
NOT TO MISS ITEMS!
- Walk the red carpet – There will be a red carpet to welcome you as you enter The Colony Club!
- Exhibit room – Take a walk through the history of the women lawyers association in the exhibit room on the first floor. The exhibit room will be open all evening.
- Documentary – Get a first glimpse at our WLAM documentary, which will be playing in the exhibit room throughout the night.
- Book signing – Don’t miss the opportunity to meet Irin Carmon and get your copy of Notoroius RBG signed, or purchase a copy for her to sign onsite. Irin will be signing books in the exhibit room before the Gala begins. The Notorious RBG will be available for purchase in the young adult version as well.
- Photo booth – Don’t forget to gather your friends for a photo in the open air photo booth with a Women Lawyers Association backdrop, and the ability to instantly share your photo on social media!
- Swearing-in ceremony – Watch our new board members take the oath administered by our newest Michigan Supreme Court Justice, Elizabeth Clement.
- Bluewater Kings Band – Enjoy the music from this premium 6-piece band specializing in high-energy music. The band will be playing until 11:00 pm.
- Social media – We encourage you to take photos and share this historic milestone with all of your friends and family.
- Hashtag – Don’t forget to use our hashtag – #WLAM100 – as you share these special moments on your social media!
- Oh snap! – Capture the fun with one of our custom Snapchat Filters!
***At this time, we have a limited number of tickets available for purchase.***
Please also note that you will need to login in order to register. If you are a member but have not yet created an account, you can do so by clicking here.
Ballroom level tickets *SOLD OUT*
- $150 WLAM members / $200 non-WLAM members
- Ticket sales limited to two tickets per member for $150 each. Note: your guest does not need to be a member.
Balcony level tickets (may have a partially obstructed view)
- $125 WLAM members (limit 2 tickets at this price) / $175 non-WLAM members
Past President’s Reception ONLY
- $50 WLAM Past Presidents
- You must be a past president to register for this ticket.
- The Past President’s Reception is a black-tie optional event.
- This ticket is for admission to the Past President’s Reception from 5 pm to 6 pm ONLY and does not include admission to the Gala.
- This ticket does not include a seat in the ballroom or balcony.
- This ticket is ONLY for past presidents who do not want to attend the Gala, but would like to attend the Past President’s Reception ONLY
The Centennial Gala will be held at the Colony Club, one of the original women’s clubs Detroit. The building was commissioned in June 1927 and opened in November 1929. The building was designed by renowned Detroit architects, Smith, Hinchman and Grylls, and was one of the first buildings built by the firm WalbridgeAldinger. A Georgian style building of red brick, limestone with iron grillwork, its relatively simple lines and form reflected the members’ desire for gentle elegance and style. The interior of the building is highlighted by the 3rd floor’s impressive Louis XVI ballroom. Painted in Versailles cream and gilt, the room is considered to be one of the City’s finest and has recently been fully restored to its original magnificence.